robert
cottage0477

rob jillson

rob@robertjillson.com

773.509.9555

chicago, il

all images are copyright

2008 © robert jillson

architecture
product
people
projects

My Blog
thoughts, happenings and current photos

blog
about me/contact

Friday, September 26, 2008

Mandron Gallery

The University of Michigan's Club of Greater Chicago - School of Art and Design 5th Annual Alumni Art Show is having it's opening reception on Thursday, Oct 23rd from 6 to 9 at Madron Gallery. In an earlier blog post I outlined a little bit about the show.... 5 years ago, Steve Vandervort and I came up with the concept of the alumni art show. We put out a call for help and Charlie Daas, Jason LaBelle and some others I can't remember helped launch the 1st annual show. Charlie provided the 1st gallery space since he was the director of a non for profit that built the Acme Artist Condo. The 2nd year we used the Around the Coyote Gallery and got some wonderful support from the Art and Design School. At that show we were able to get the president of the art school and each year has been incredible. For the 3rd year, alumna Yen Chin of Madron Gallery was able to let the association use Madron Gallery which has been incredible. After year 2 I stepped off of the committee which is a good thing since Jason, Yen and others I don't know have made this show something I only imagined back in the beginning.

So, clear you calendar for the evening of Oct 23rd. I'll do another blog and send out an email announcement closer to the show. Oh, by the way, I have some great photos in the show - so you gotta come and see.
robert robert architecture architecture product product people people projects projects about me/contact about me/contact